Technician, Fire Alarm/Life Safety
Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, programming, testing, and inspection of fire alarm systems.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Inspects buildings for code compliance. Identifies and corrects hazards.
2. Performs annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on fire alarm systems. 3. Installs, modifies, maintains, programs and repairs fire alarm panels.
4. Installs pull stations, smoke detectors, and duct detectors.
5. Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed. Required
• All aspects of fire alarm hardware and software systems.
• NFPA codes and local codes.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials. • Effective organization and planning skills.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
• Ability to work independently. • Safely drive a company vehicle.
• Ability to hear horn and/or warning devices at a distance of 30 yards.
• Lifting up to 35 pounds.
• Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing and walking significant
• Visual ability (uncorrected or corrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range.
• Work from ladders and scaffolds or at heights above 30 feet.
• Two years related experience to include one year experience specifically working with fire alarm systems.
• High School diploma or educational equivalent.
• Valid CA Driver's License. Certification for testing.
• Experience with some or all of the following: Simplex, Notifier, Silent Knight, DSC, Firelite equipment.
• Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.